Mission, Vision, & Core Values
A New Generation provides evidence-based education, services and community resource for those primarily facing pregnancy and relationship issues in a respectful and compassionate environment.
A New Generation is committed to providing compassionate care to anyone facing a pregnancy by empowering women with truth while offering resources and practical assistance to enable life-affirming choices. We incorporate a 3 tiered model which embodies: Intervention when facing an unintended pregnancy, Prevention regarding sexual and relationship health choices, and Restoration from past painful choices and circumstances. Our efforts serve to save lives and change hearts through the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Board members, staff and volunteers endeavor to model Jesus Christ in every aspect of the ministry and their personal lives.
- We believe and recognize the sanctity of all human life.
- It is our desire to provide spiritual encouragement, Biblical counseling and practical assistance to those who are experiencing an unplanned pregnancy or related issue. The misuse of sex, parenting and relationship issues are also addressed but not limited to.
- We are committed to sharing Jesus' salvation, unconditional love, forgiveness and hope to all clients He entrusts to our care.
- We will not advise, provide or refer for abortions or abortifacients.
- We will not engage in contraceptive counseling or services. Rather, we will provide abstinence counseling and encourage this as an appropriate lifestyle before marriage.
- We will show love, respect and mutual support to one another as a reflection of Christ.
- We recognize the gifts, abilities, resources and talents of each person and strive to help them grow and be used of God as He works in and through them to accomplish His purposes.
- We commit to be faithful stewards of what God has entrusted to us through consistent prayer, responsible planning, accountability to our supporters, and wise use of resources.
- We listen intently to hear the voice of the poor and marginalized, as well as, those who may see themselves in a more "privileged" position, and pursue a path of advocacy to alleviate suffering and bondage to those past and current sin.
- We believe it is essential to join with local agencies for collaboration within the bounds of our mission by combining resources to strengthen existing service. We value building and maintaining relationships with community agencies, individuals and medical professionals.
- Sharing the Gospel
- Saving Babies
- Pregnancy Confirmation with Option Education
- Counseling from a Biblical Perspective
- Mentoring with Care and Support
- Sexual Risk Avoidance Education
- Sexually Transmitted Disease Information and Risk Education
- Parenting Education and Material Aid
- Relationship Counseling
- Post Abortion Recovery
- Sexual Abuse and Misuse Recovery
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
A New Generation is a non-profit organization created for the purpose of affirming the sanctity of life while committing to present the Gospel of Jesus Christ in both word and deed to men and women dealing with an unplanned pregnancy and related issues.
Our aim is to promote the welfare and protection of pre-born children, provide loving and compassionate guidance and assistance, free of charge, and without respect to age, race, religion, socio-economic background or marital status, and promote public awareness of the sanctity of human life in the context of Christian witness.
A New Generation believes that all human life is created by God in His image and has infinite value. We endeavor to come along side and serve women and men facing crucial decisions surrounding pregnancy and sexuality with compassion and understanding. Women deserve to be empowered with the truth regarding all options surrounding their unplanned pregnancy. We offer alternatives to abortion, promote sexual integrity, provide post-abortion recovery, relationship and peer counseling in a safe, confidential setting.
We communicate accurate and truthful information to those affected by an unplanned pregnancy and to provide them with physical, emotional, and spiritual support. Our purpose is to end the perceived need of abortion in our community.
STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
A New Generation
• Is an outreach ministry of Jesus Christ through His church. Therefore, A New Generation embodied in its Board, Staff and Volunteers, will provide a compassionate response as followers of Christ. Commensurate with this purpose, those who serve as pregnancy center Board members, in leadership positions and those who provide prevention, intervention and restoration services are expected to know Christ as their Savior and Lord and be in agreement with our Statement of Faith.
• Is committed to integrity in responding to client needs, providing requested information and services in keeping with our Mission Statement. We are committed to providing our clients with accurate and complete information about both prenatal development and abortion. A New Generation denounces any form of deception in its corporate advertising or individual conversations with clients.
• Is committed to serving clients by providing ongoing support: emotional, spiritual, educational and practical. Through the provision of the Christian faith community and the community at large, women, men and families may face the future with increased understanding, resources and hope that will enable them to have the best possible potential for their lives.
• Will not discriminate in providing services on basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability or marital status.
• Does not recommend, provide, or refer for abortion or abortifacients, including morning after pill and other emergency contraceptive pharmaceuticals.
• Is committed to creating awareness within the local community of the needs of pregnant and/or parenting women, men and their families and the detrimental nature of abortion and the consequences of the misuse of sex, within in the local community.
• Does not recommend, provide, or refer for contraceptives, referring clients with these requests to their medical care provider.
• Adoption is viewed as one alternative to abortion. A New Generation is independent of adoption agencies, relating to them in the same manner as to other helpful referral sources.
• Offers all services free of charge.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, In His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential and that this salvation is received through faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and not as a result of good works.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life and to perform good works.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Adapted from the National Association of Evangelical's statement of faith.